[squid-users] squid 4 fails to authenticate using NTLM

zby at post.cz zby at post.cz
Tue Jul 23 16:20:54 UTC 2019

I found one more thing in the cache.log:

Got user=[user1] domain=[DOM1] workstation=[machine1] len1=24 len2=334
Login for user [DOM1\[user1]@[machine1 failed due to [Reading winbind reply
failed!]
ntlmssp_server_auth_send: Checking NTLMSSP password for DOM1\user1 failed:
NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
gensec_update_done: ntlmssp[0x55713e452900]: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
GENSEC login failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Why failed?

/var/lib/samba:

drwxr-x---  2 root winbindd_priv   4096 Jul 23 18:09 winbindd_privileged

/var/run/samba:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     60 Jul 23 18:09 winbindd

If I chmod to anything else than expected winbindd fails to start
complaining about an unexpected dir mode.

The dir modes remain the same as "defined" in the debian package.

ntlm_auth --username=user1 run as a regular user results in: "NT_STATUS_OK:
The operation completed successfully. (0x0)"

It should fail if not allowed to read from winbind, I suppose.

Thanks.

Zb

---------- Původní e-mail ----------