[squid-users] Possible to user reply_header_add directive with acl random access list ?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jul 19 13:08:30 UTC 2019

On 7/19/19 8:53 AM, --Ahmad-- wrote:

> is there any way can i let header acl stop on the 1st MATCH ?

Yes, your reply_header_add ACLs effectively stop on the first match,
using the annotation trick. That part of your configuration is probably
working. The primary problem is elsewhere.

> do you have any other thing can we do to achieve what im looking for
> based on my config below ?

FWIW, I do not know what you are looking for. I even checked earlier
emails on this thread and could not find that information. Can you
(re)state your goals using the following template?

"When Squid receives a client request with HTTP header X, I want Squid
to forward that request using outgoing TCP address Y, and then add HTTP
header Z to the response that Squid sends to the client."

Replace X, Y, and Z with your actual requirements. Adjust as needed,
including removing any unnecessary parts.