[squid-users] Allowing access to Whatsapp Web

Nurdiyana Ali nurdiyana.mdali at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 06:28:56 UTC 2019

Hello,

We have Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20 deployment in our environment. Our
users require access to web.whatapp.com. I whitelisted this site on the
proxy configuration, however, it's giving out error:
Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security
settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

I have the following sites in the whitelist (as per forum guide):
web.whatsapp.com
dyn.web.whatsapp.com
w0.web.whatsapp.com
w1.web.whatsapp.com
w2.web.whatsapp.com
w3.web.whatsapp.com
w4.web.whatsapp.com
w5.web.whatsapp.com
w6.web.whatsapp.com
w7.web.whatsapp.com
w8.web.whatsapp.com
w9.web.whatsapp.com
pps.whatsapp.net
mms.whatsapp.net
mmg-fna.whatsapp.net

Still no luck.

How do I allow whatsapp web on Squid Proxy?

Sincerely,
Nurdiyana Md Ali.