[squid-users] delay_pools does not work in squid 4.x

sargen sargen1907 at mail.ru
Wed Jul 3 06:23:41 UTC 2019

Ok, this morning I downloaded the latest available version of squid5 and
worked a little with it. I managed to build squid with the following
parameters:

root at testproxy:/usr/local/squid/sbin # ./squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 5.0.0-20190630-rdb8510369
Service Name: squid
configure options: '--prefix = /usr/local/squid' '--enable-delay-pools'
--disable-ipv6' '--disable-external-acl-helpers' --enable-ltdl-convenience

Then I added the following lines to the end of the default configuration
file /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf:

# sargen configuration start here

visible_hostname testproxy.svgc.local
cache_effective_user squid
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_access 1 allow localnet
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 16000/16000 # 128 Kbps

I did not test the work of delay_class 4, because the above simple
configuration with delay_class 1 also did not limit the bandwidth on squid
version 4.7

Next, I run squid, and checked the bandwidth limit on several
internet-speedmeter's sites. Everything worked as needed - the bandwidth was
limited to 128Kbps

P.S. Unfortunately, on my test system i cant't managed to buld Squid5
without --disable-external-acl-helpers options: an error occurred during
compilation, which was described by the following link
http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Latest-squid-5-compile-error-td4686907.html

root at testproxy:/usr/local/squid/sbin # uname -a
FreeBSD testproxy.svgc.local 11.2-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p10 #0:
Mon May 13 21:20:50 UTC 2019
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Thanks for your support!