[squid-users] Squid + OpenSSL w/FIPS

Cody Cushing codycushing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:05:27 UTC 2019

Hello, I would like to use Squid as a forward proxy to ensure traffic
leaving my VM is using a TLS connection negotiated through a client using
FIPS certified encryption. I have OpenSSL w/FIPS configured on my VM, and
Squid properly configured as a forward proxy.

What I do not know is:
• is this sufficient (does Squid use any available OpenSSL crypto on the
system)
• or do I need to compile a custom Squid build referencing the OpenSSL fips
"modules" (two C libraries)
• or does Squid reference completely different crypto libraries and neither
of the above two considerations are even valid

Thanks