[squid-users] Using a static wildcard certificate with ssl-bump in explicit forward proxy mode

Bill Bernsen bernsen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:51:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have squid running as an explicit forward proxy on the host
example.com controlling
access to all hosts in *.example.com. All the hosts in *.example.com have
self-signed certificates that I want to appear as trusted to user browsers.
I don't have the option of obtaining a trusted CA. I do, however, have a
trusted wildcard certificate for *.example.com available. Is there a way
that I can tell squid to present this static wildcard certificate to
clients in lieu of all upstream server certificates?

Thank you,
Bill