[squid-users] ssl bump, CA certificate renewal, how to?

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Tue Jan 15 17:01:46 UTC 2019

15.01.2019 20:52, eliezer at ngtech.co.il пишет:

> With squid 4.x or even 3.5 you can use an intermediate CA.
>
> So you will have the root key and certificate somewhere safe and renew
> the intermediate root CA every year or two.
>
> The main root CA should be created at-least for a period of 5 years to
> allow this dynamicity you probably need.
>
> Eliezer

5 years, really, not very long period of time, if I'll be sure to not
work here in 5 years then I'll use this ;-) , unfortunately I'm not :-(

I don't need to replace certificate every year or so, but I need to have
minimal service interruption for every user during certificate replacement,

and I'm sure that certificate will need replacement for some reason.

>   * I have seen security companies( AV ) that updates their root ca
>     certificate using the AV or agent, if running an update
>     file/service every startup is an option we can try to find a nice
>     solution.

Download certificate at every boot or user login....

This is good idea, thank you!