[squid-users] ssl bump, CA certificate renewal, how to?

eliezer at ngtech.co.il eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Jan 15 16:52:48 UTC 2019

With squid 4.x or even 3.5 you can use an intermediate CA.
So you will have the root key and certificate somewhere safe and renew the intermediate root CA every year or two.

The main root CA should be created at-least for a period of 5 years to allow this dynamicity you probably need.

Eliezer

*	I have seen security companies( AV ) that updates their root ca certificate using the AV or agent, if running an update file/service every startup is an option we can try to find a nice solution.

----
 <http://ngtech.co.il/main-en/> Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator