[squid-users] Need help about ICAP scan timeout/max file size for big files

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jan 4 19:43:32 UTC 2019

On 1/4/19 3:38 AM, info at schroeffu.ch wrote:
> How can I configure the ICAP Service to truly let bigger files/longer
> scan times through the icap service marked as "clean"?

Which of the following questions are you asking?

1. How to configure Squid to never send huge files to your ICAP service?

2. How to configure your ICAP service to speed up huge-file decisions?

3. How to configure Squid to send huge files to your ICAP service
   without storing them in Squid memory or in Squid disk cache?

For all questions, do the huge files that you are dealing with have an
HTTP Content-Length response header?

And, if it is question #2, does your ICAP service support ICAP Preview
mode? Have you enabled ICAP previews in your Squid configuration?