[squid-users] Sslbump with multiple users and multiple ACLs for each

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jan 3 16:12:46 UTC 2019

On 1/3/19 7:37 AM, stressedtux wrote:
> i need a hand to understand if it is possible to configure the proxy a
> particular way.
>
> Im needing to configure the proxy to allow at the same time:
>
> - a whitelist of sites that anyone that uses the proxy could use without
> login
> - and in addition to that i need to have specific ACLs for different
> authenticated users.
>
> I need to control both http and https connections to external sites. I can
> use sslbump but im having hard time configuring sslbump with proxy_auth, and
> on top of that, i need different acl whitelists for different users.
>
> Is this kind of configuration possible?

Yes, I believe that all of the above is possible in principle. If you
need help with specific configurations/ACLs, I suggest starting with the
simplest set of specific use cases and posting your best configuration
snippet that does not work, while explaining why you think it does not work.

You cannot authenticate HTTP inside bumped connections, but I do not
think you actually need that.