[squid-users] squid 4.x: decided: do not cache but share because the entry has been released

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Feb 23 17:17:18 UTC 2019

On 24/02/19 5:33 am, David Touzeau wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’m trying to store in cache an Internet file
>

> Run the squid in debug mode says:
>
> http.cc(982) haveParsedReplyHeaders: decided: do not cache but share
> because the entry has been released; HTTP status 200
>
> What “but share because the entry has been released” event means ?

That line syntax is "decide: X because Y"

'do not cache but share' means the reply may still be shared with other
concurrent clients (eg. collapsed forwarding), but not to bother trying
to cache it.

'entry has been released' means something else already caused the disk
copy in cache to be removed or replaced.