[squid-users] Squid for Windows Repeatedly Crashing

Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage) dvanorder at deloitte.com
Thu Feb 21 15:21:11 UTC 2019

Thank you for replying, and that's an excellent point.

Short answer--definitely not in a container, these are garden variety VMWare instances. I've already flagged the OS power settings to maximum performance, so nothing should be going to sleep. I'll doublecheck, though.

So, if I understand correctly, this error could also be indicative of an issue in between the agent and Squid. Agents first go through a firewall, then the F5 before reaching Squid.

[Stopped, reason:Listener socket closed job1]: (14) Bad address

Any thoughts on this error, which tends to be more common than the other?

2019/02/20 09:42:33 kid1| comm_poll: poll failure: (14) Bad address
2019/02/20 09:42:33 kid1| Select loop Error. Retry 2