[squid-users] squid delay_pools can't limit speed on certain connections

Igor Rylov igoryonya at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 09:05:50 UTC 2019

Squid Cache: Version 3.3.8
I have the following config:

acl ip_band_limit src <ip_addr>
delay_pools 1delay_class 1 1delay_access 1 allow ip_band_limit
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 10240/10240

And it works most of the time, but for some reason, it doesn't work on certain connections, I guess.When I try to download torrents and when I was installing (it is an online installer, i.e. small install launcher starts downloading needed components) Visual Studio Community edition, the bendwidth doesn't get limited, but fills up all available bandwidth.
How can I limit it?