[squid-users] AIA fetching in squid

Yann Girardin ygirardin at olfeo.com
Wed Feb 6 09:10:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am using ssl bump and it's work fine a lot of SSL sites, but some of those are misconfigured and squid won't succeed to get the correct certificate, and give me the following error :
SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Looking on the internet I understand that this is a SSL server misconfiguration, but I know that some browser like safari, and chrome are implementing the AIA fetching to get the missing certificates using the information store in the authority information access of the certificate.

Is there a way to activate this AIA fetching in squid or do i have to implement it myself using a helper with the sslcrtvalidator_program ?

Thanks

[cid:image002.png at 01D4BE04.2B0E4890]

Yann Girardin
Product Owner