[squid-users] Is Squid 4.9 gone?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Dec 20 08:35:26 UTC 2019

On 20/12/19 9:03 pm, netadmin wrote:

> At the address:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
> the latest version appears as 4.8 although I am running 4.9!
> What happened to version 4.9?

I'm not entirely certain what happened there. I suspect it was just an
oversight on my part not copying the files from the release directory to
the web server. That has now been corrected.

As to why you could be running a version not available on the www site;
Vendors pull their release code from any one (or several) different
sources we provide them - our public git repository, FTP servers, or
rsync servers.