[squid-users] Sibling peer cache not working, ver 3.5.27

leonyuuu leonyu365 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 04:04:32 UTC 2019

Thanks Amos for quick response! It helps a lot in understanding the previous
logs like "forward proxy port not configured", and I adjusted my
configuration later today to do another test.

However, now the two proxies even doesn't send ICP/HTTP request to each
other anymore for cache digest and the access.log(see below) shows there are
only queries on intercepted traffic.

<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377850/access.png>

My new configuration for proxy0:
    http_port 3128
    http_port 9999 intercept
    icp_access allow all
    icp_port 3130

    cache_peer 192.168.3.2 sibling 3128 3130
    cache_peer_access 192.168.3.2 allow all
    visible_hostname squid.host.1

Iptables configuration added for proxy0:
    // for inter-proxy trafic
    "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i veth20 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128"
    // for intercepted traffic
    "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i veth12 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 9999"

With tcpdump(see below) listening on the interface that connects the other
proxy, I can see there are established tcp connections between two proxies,
is this traffic for netdb only? I am really wondering what could potentially
prevent from the Cache Digest being exchanged between siblings.

<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377850/tcpdump.png>

Thanks,
Leon