[squid-users] 4.9 https isue...unable import certificate in browser

aw_wolfe aw_wolfe12 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 12:14:19 UTC 2019

Ok, thank  you. As you can tell, I'm kinda fumbling my way through setting
this up.

Re-creating the certification with the openssl command only fixed the issue.
Firefox accepted the certification.

I think that I would rather not have to do the install certificate on all
the browsers. So if I can configure the stare option, that would be my
preferred solution.

A bit of searching around however, didn't turn up much and I'm a little
confused by the different "steps" commands.

If you don't mind I'd appreciate a simple 1 or 2 line example or point me in
the right direction

Right now my squid.conf (not including the groups and whitelist part):

http_port 3128 ssl-bump cert=/etc/squid/ssl_cert/myCA.pem
generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB
key=/etc/squid/ssl_cert/ca-key.pem

sslcrtd_program /usr/sbin/squid/libexec/security_file_certgen -s
/var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB
sslcrtd_children 5
ssl_bump server-first all
sslproxy_cert_error allow all