[squid-users] TCP_TUNNEL

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Dec 5 09:22:35 UTC 2019

On 5/12/19 10:13 pm, Kassir Bariq wrote:
> Hi Awesome Squid Users 😊
>
> I’m using Squid transparent proxy on AWS. I’m having a small problem,
> but I don’t really know what is happening!
>

> From an EC2 in Private Subnet I’m making a request to AWS Endpoints
> using 443, and the request is going via Squid and says Connected, but
> unfortunately it is not working in the Client!
>

> Is there anything I can add to the config file that can fix this problem ?

TUNNEL means Squid is just shovelling bytes to/from the client and
server. This is how CONNECT transactions always worked, they were just
not logged clearly.

Any problem that is happening in a TUNNEL transaction is a private
matter between the client and server. They are communicating directly
like the proxy is not present.