[squid-users] Squid caching broken responses

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Dec 4 11:08:48 UTC 2019

On 4/12/19 11:29 pm, tomsl wrote:
> I have an odd issue running squid 4.2 as a reverse proxy in front of

Please upgrade. Current Squid-4 release is 4.9 and there are quite a few
very major security issues and bugs resolved since 4.2. Some of which
are related to cache corruption.

> Is there a way I can stop it from caching the "broken" responses?

Define "broken". There is nothing in the initial HTTP response to
indicate anything broken about it. So there is no reason for Squid not
to cache, in fact the object says it *can* be cached for an indefinite
amount of time.

If you know what URL these responses are for you can do:

  squidclient -H 'Cache-Control:no-cache\n' $URL

which requires Squid to fetch a clean copy.