[squid-users] debug headers between squid --> website

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Dec 2 18:47:53 UTC 2019

On Monday 02 December 2019 at 19:31:43, Ahmad Alzaeem wrote:

> Thank you for that .
>
> Is it possible to run it from squid ?

I don't understand that question.

You start Squid; it listens for incoming connections and sends them on to the
external servers (and gets the responses etc, etc...)

At the same time, you run the packet sniffer on the machine where Squid is
running, and it collects all the traffic passing between Squid and the rest of
the Internet.

Then you make your request/s with a browser (or wget, curl, as you wish), and
let Squid do its thing, and let the packet sniffer capture what happened.

After it's all over, you then have a packet capture which you can analyse (eg:
using wireshark) to find out what Squid sent to the server/s, and what came
back again.

Antony.

--
"It wouldn't be a good idea to talk about him behind his back in front of
him."

 - murble

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.