[squid-users] TCP_MISS_ABORTED/503 - -Squid-Error: ERR_DNS_FAIL 0

L A Walsh squid-user at tlinx.org
Wed Aug 21 04:11:05 UTC 2019

On 2019/08/20 20:56, Eliza wrote:
> Hi
>
> on 2019/8/21 11:51, L A Walsh wrote:
>
>> Pulled this out of my log.  Downloading lots of files through squid has
>> the download aborting after about 3k files.  This is the first I've seen
>> that there's also an associated ERR_DNS_FAIL -- is that a message from
>> squid's internal resolver?
>>

> Squid may cache the wrong DNS hosts. can you restart squid to give
> another try?

This wasn't just 1 time, but seems to happen each time I try to download
a distro update through squid -- and squid has been restarted multiple
times over
that period -- seems I have set something somewhere to a 3k size.

had 1k for the FQDN in the squid.conf dns section.  but that seems real

This may not be a problem in squid at all -- DNS, my config that's been the
same for months, its just that that's where I'm seeing the evidence of an
error, but it could easily be someplace else.

Was sorta hoping that someone had seen this symptom and had a clue, but
otherwise, I'll try other things.;