[squid-users] While using icap_service squid working when ip is used and failing when domain name is provided

prudhvisagar PRUDHVI.GNT65 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 14 02:17:36 UTC 2019

it also looks like DNS is able to resolve the domainname for the
virusscanner, but looks like by the time its resolved the ICAP_SERVICE
command failed.

if my understanding is right, Is there any configuration to do the dns
resolving first and before executing the below command
icap_service service_avi_req reqmod_precache
icap://domainnameofvirusscanner:1344/SYMCScanReqEx-AV bypass=off

Also we are using 3.5, let us know if we have to upgrade ?

Thanks a lot.