[squid-users] squid.config

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Aug 13 19:54:27 UTC 2019

On Tuesday 13 August 2019 at 21:18:51, Sérgio Vieira wrote:

> Hello,
> Regarding squid config file, on MacOS, I can’t add the following parameter:
> strip_query_terms off
>
> I can access the file and edit it, but after restart the file removes the
> added line...
>
> I have the config file at /Users/sergiovieira/Library/Preferences

My first questions would be: How did you install Squid on this machine?  What
instructions did you follow?

That looks like a really unusual path to the squid.conf file to me, but then
again I don't use a Mac, so maybe it's entirely reasonable.

However, a bit more information would probably be helpful:

 - which version of OSX are you installing on?

 - which version of Squid are you installing?

 - as asked before, how are you installing it?

 - how do you start / stop the Squid process?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.