[squid-users] Problems with squid 3.1 to 3.3 upgrade

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Aug 10 17:57:09 UTC 2019

On 8/9/19 4:32 PM, Tom Karches wrote:
> Right now my debug is set to ALL,1 33,2. Is there a better set of
> options to provide me more visibility of what might be wrong?

In theory, yes: You can increase verbosity levels to see exactly what is
going on. However, most people get lost in the debugging noise. FWIW, I
do not recommend using cache.log above ALL,1 (the default) for triaging
connectivity problems like yours by Squid newbies like you. Most likely,
the connectivity problem is outside Squid and can be seen/reproduced
outside Squid.

I would use Wireshark, tcpdump, or a similar packet-level tool to figure
out where Squid is trying to connect and from what address Squid is
trying to connect. If you are not familiar with those basic tools, any
capable local sysadmin can help you get started -- no Squid knowledge is
needed!