[squid-users] Squid 3.5 https facebook caching

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Apr 18 10:45:04 UTC 2019

On 18/04/19 12:03 pm, tester100 wrote:
> Amos
>
> big thxs for all your input
>
> it just shows me that i know nothing about squid that i am complete newbie,
> and that i need to spend my time reading all the manual and config examples.

I did not mean to imply a lot of reading was needed. Just some in
relation to the items I mentioned as probably leading to your issue. The
rest can be long-term goals to fix up.

FYI: The Squid wiki <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/> and config manual
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/> (the v3.5 pages for your Squid
version) are the most accurate information sources behind reading the
code itself. But keep in mind that Squid-3 is also outdated nowdays,
Squid-4 and later have changed some significant feature behaviours.

Most of the things I pointed out were useful at some point (eg Squid-2),
and may still be for some use-cases. But for which Squid behaviour has
changed since how-tos and tutorials advising them were written.

> big thanks i will have some guidance on reading and research for the next
> couple of days now.

You are welcome. Any further questions or advice wanted please feel free
to ask. Helping each other use Squid is a what this mailing list is
about - for experts and newbies alike.

Cheers