[squid-users] Squid 3.5 https facebook caching

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Apr 17 12:54:39 UTC 2019

On 17/04/19 3:11 am, tester100 wrote:
> Aldo
>
> when i press refresh or when i clean history on my browser and login to
> facebook again i can see this memory hits on the log.. with .mp4 video
> extensions but cannot play it at all

Yes those Browser controls are normally the way one forces proxies
awareness of problems to make them fix this type of issue.

However, the proxy admin configured a lot of ignore-* options on the
refresh_patterns as well as a global conversion of reload into IMS
fetches ("reload_into_ims on"). As a result the Browser reload or
revalidate requests get ignored or converted into less effective fetches.