[squid-users] Help: squid restarts and squidGuard die

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Mon Sep 24 19:07:56 UTC 2018

The sub-thread starts with "do not use the url rewriter helper because of complexity"
and ends with that the (not less complex) external acl helpers are fine to use.
And in between there is an attempt to kill the URL rewriter interface.

It would be a lot less confusing if you started with something like
    I do not like the URL rewriter interface, use the external acl one

 >> ufdbGuard supports dynamic lists of users, domains and source ip
 >> addresses which are updated every X minutes without any service
 >> interruption.
 >
 > So does Squid, via external ACL and/or authentication.

Aren't you confusing what Squid itself and what Squid+helpers can do?

Marcus