[squid-users] Help: squid restarts and squidGuard die

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Sep 20 11:16:12 UTC 2018

On 19.09.18 20:47, Donald Muller wrote:
>So instead of using squidguard are you saying  you should use something like the following?
>
>acl ads dstdomain -i "/etc/squid/squid-ads.acl"
>acl adult dstdomain -i "/etc/squid/squid-adult.acl"
>
>http_access deny ads
>http_access deny adult
>
>Do the lists need to be sorted in alphabetical order?

I don't think so - the lists are parsed to in -memory format for faster
processing.

The case where sw like ufdbguard is important is where you use regular
expressions like url_regex (but srcdom_regex and dstdom_regex may neet it
too).

Processing of those is very inefficient inside of squid.

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...