[squid-users] Help: squid restarts and squidGuard die

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 19 02:03:39 UTC 2018

On 19/09/18 1:54 AM, neok wrote:
> Thank you very much Amos for putting me in the right direction.
> I successfully carried out the modifications you indicated to me.
> Regarding ufdbGuard, if I understood correctly, what you recommend is to use
> the ufdbConvertDB tool to convert my blacklists in plain text to the
> ufdbGuard database format? And then use that/those databases in normal squid
> ACL's?

No, ufdbguard is a fork of SquidGuard that can be used as a drop-in
replacement which works better while you improve your config.

You should work towards less complexity. Squid / squid.conf is where
HTTP access control takes place. The helper is about re-writing the URL
(only) - which is a complex and destructive process.