[squid-users] Delay pool not limiting each connection

Arsalan Hussain arsalan at preston.edu.pk
Tue Sep 18 03:53:48 UTC 2018

Dear Sekarit

you are using class-1 pool which has a single aggregate bucket to allocate
to all users and every one can use the maximum available FCFS basis.

you need to use class-2 delay pool has an aggregate bucket and 256
individual buckets which distributed among clients t keep them in limit
what you defined.  (given below configuration as exampls)

acl    bw_users src 192.168.1.0/24         # The acl defined for the Network
acl work_time time MTWHF 09:00-18:00
delay_pools    1                                      # Number of Pool
delay_class    1 2                                    # Defines the
class of pool for the Pool Number 1
delay_parametes    1 62500/62500 25000/25000  # each user has given an
average of 25000 bytes of bandwidth
delay_access  1  allow work_time         # This is the access tag
which tie to the acl all and work_time.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:15 PM Sekar Duraisamy <sekarit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have tried to limit the bandwidth for each requests with 5Mbps speed
> with below.
>
> delay_pools 1
> delay_class 1 2
> delay_access 1 allow all
> delay_parameters 1 625000/625000 625000/625000
>

> But it is limiting total bandwidth of the squid only 625000 and not
> allowing the same bandwidth for each and every requests coming through
> squid.
>
> Squid version : Squid-3.5.27
>

> Please help me if i missed anything.

With Regards,

*Arsalan Hussain*
*Assistant Director, Networks & Information System*

*PRESTON UNIVERSITY*

*Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with a lie.*