[squid-users] Squid https_port

John Refwe johnrefwe at mail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:11:15 UTC 2018

Hi (sorry resending this because the original sent as an html email),

I have a couple of questions about the squid https_port.

1) Does it only exist for transparent connections? I know if I want to have a transparent proxy that can accept requests TLS requests, I need to have the port be a https_port rather than a http_port, but is that what it was created for?

2) How come the https_port does not support receiving proxy protocol? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding a bit here, but I thought that HAProxy supports sending it before instantiating a TLS connection?

Thank you so much for the help and I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding and these questions don't make sense.