[squid-users] SQUID does not insert server ip and port in logs for CONNECT method when the connection fails (error 503)

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Sep 14 15:44:52 UTC 2018

On 09/14/2018 04:33 AM, Troiano Alessio wrote:

> In HTTPS connections when the destination server does not answer
> (maybe blocked by our firewall because it is malicious) the
> destination ip is not logged.

If Squid tried to contact the server, then you are right -- there is a
Squid bug here. If you can reproduce this bug with the latest Squid v4
(or, at the very least, with the latest Squid v3.5), please consider
filing a bug report with Squid bugzilla.

> Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4 (Maipo)
>
> We are using the last stable release of squid for Red Hat.

Please note that you are not using the last stable release supported by
the Squid Project. Red Hat support may differ, of course, but you are
not posting this email to a Red Hat support mailing list...