[squid-users] [NOC] Using Nfqueue or DAQ in squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Sep 11 16:07:44 UTC 2018

On 12/09/18 3:09 AM, morteza1131 wrote:
> i know that.
> i want to somehow change source code of squid to accept packet from
> nfqueue, to customize netfilter packet flow for my application(squid).
>
> is it possible!?

Sure Squid can be made to accept nfqueue messages. *Any* software can be
re-coded to do anything other software does. Then what?

nfqueue messages pass IP protocol packets individually - even when a
packet contains HTTP it only contains *part* of an HTTP message. It is
extremely unlikely that Squid will be able to do anything at all with
the data provided.

Then there is the matter of responding to any HTTP messages *if* they
can be deciphered from the opaque data. nfqueue expects a single integer
- which is the index that *original* packet is to be scheduled for
delivery. So there is absolutely zero things Squid can do in its role as
an HTTP proxy.

So again, what exactly are you trying to achieve?
 <https://perlmonks.org/?node=xy+problem>