[squid-users] Squid 4.2 : caching is not working

Hariharan Sethuraman srnhari at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 04:14:28 UTC 2018

Hi,
I see the response can be cached. Will try out increasing logging level of
cache.log

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2018 04:10:38 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2
    Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

response headers: 203 bytes body: 21 bytes transfer overhead: 9 bytes
view body
<https://redbot.org/?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.cisco.com%2Fpcgi-bin%2Fswdld%2Fdownload.cgi%3Fdwnld_code%3DxhMnkw8Z-oFg8Jvk7BeSZnkmIdO48GTAA01cTlDABiH7c9QJsq9s5ypIQWgQxY4cI66yKQsWgjvIpCgr8_DGemwm_6VqWfSJQ8Xonly7l-DcKbz9kqMQXOHnp2G1BHj_-wp1DhAskLOUpvRG2oeR_f_FxYTyLVHIN5esRF-LXOUKwkwyT0TOf6xO-AUm3KaM&req_hdr=Authentication%3ABearer+HQdHyp1lCj2cZxGYPlzEqlEuGxww#>
 view har
<https://redbot.org/?id=9ml2eaa9&req_hdr=Authentication%3ABearer%20HQdHyp1lCj2cZxGYPlzEqlEuGxww&req_hdr=User-Agent%3ARED/1%20(https://redbot.org/)&req_hdr=Referer%3Ahttps://dl.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/swdld/download.cgi?dwnld_code%3DxhMnkw8Z-oFg8Jvk7BeSZnkmIdO48GTAA01cTlDABiH7c9QJsq9s5ypIQWgQxY4cI66yKQsWgjvIpCgr8_DGemwm_6VqWfSJQ8Xonly7l-DcKbz9kqMQXOHnp2G1BHj_-wp1DhAskLOUpvRG2oeR_f_FxYTyLVHIN5esRF-LXOUKwkwyT0TOf6xO-AUm3KaM&check_name=default&format=har>
 save
<https://redbot.org/?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.cisco.com%2Fpcgi-bin%2Fswdld%2Fdownload.cgi%3Fdwnld_code%3DxhMnkw8Z-oFg8Jvk7BeSZnkmIdO48GTAA01cTlDABiH7c9QJsq9s5ypIQWgQxY4cI66yKQsWgjvIpCgr8_DGemwm_6VqWfSJQ8Xonly7l-DcKbz9kqMQXOHnp2G1BHj_-wp1DhAskLOUpvRG2oeR_f_FxYTyLVHIN5esRF-LXOUKwkwyT0TOf6xO-AUm3KaM&req_hdr=Authentication%3ABearer+HQdHyp1lCj2cZxGYPlzEqlEuGxww#>
General

   - The Content-Type header's syntax isn't valid.
   - The Keep-Alive header is deprecated.
   - The server's clock is correct.

Caching

   - This response allows all caches to store it.
   - This response allows a cache to assign its own freshness lifetime.

Thanks,
Hari