[squid-users] content adaptation using squid

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Sep 7 09:29:28 UTC 2018

The list of the known ICAP servers that I can list are:
- https://github.com/elico/icap
- https://github.com/jburnim/GreasySpoon
- c-icap
- echelon-mod (Which I wrote from 0 but is not public)
- https://github.com/elico/drbl-icap-service

I wrote both eCAP and ICAP services/modules code and I found it very easy to start with an ICAP service.
Then and only if the ICAP service seems to make sense and works as expected try to asses either:
- eCAP module
- Proxy Service
- Other creative idea

I have worked couple years ago on a tproxy based p2p caching software but eventually erased the code...
It's nice to have some cash from cache but I like my green/white hat rather then the black one.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru