[squid-users] Using CA signed certificate for SSL bump

Alex Crow alex at nanogherkin.com
Wed Sep 5 11:05:17 UTC 2018

You can set up your own internal CA. You then have the CA key (so can
generate certificates for any domain) and install the CA public
certificate on all client machines.

That CA can be anything from a local CA on the squid box, using a
central VM with something like XCA installed, all the way to an
enterprise HSM.

But you must have the CA key. There is no way a commercial CA would give
you a universal signing key.

Alex