[squid-users] Squid fails to bump where there are too many DNS names in SAN field

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Sep 3 22:39:01 UTC 2018

On 09/03/2018 01:34 AM, Ahmad, Sarfaraz wrote:

> interception/MITM appears to fail where remote certificates from
> origin servers have way too many dnsnames in the SAN field.
>
> I have noticed this behavior with at least these 2 websites. In both the
> cases, my setup would be bumping the connections.
>
> https://www.pcmag.com/
> https://www.extremetech.com/

> I will have to file a bug ?

You do not have to file a bug report, but if you are using a supported
Squid version and cannot fix this bug (and file a corresponding pull
request) yourself, then filing a bug report is the right thing to do: A
bug report increases the visibility of the problem, may speed up the
fix, and should inform you of that fix availability.

If you file a bug report, please do not forget to specify the Squid
version you are using.

Thank you,