[squid-users] Bearer Authentication in Squid 3.5.28 / 4.2

Simon Staeheli sis at open.ch
Mon Sep 3 13:02:43 UTC 2018

Hi there

According to squid-cache.org bearer authentication is nearly completed. Amos attached a patch in a mailing list entry back in 2014 [2].

What’s the state of this project? Will this feature become released eventually or became it rather stale?

Background: I’m playing around with Squid and JWT token [3] based authentication. It looks like the bearer authentication interface is exactly what I’m looking for.

Best
Simon

[1] https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/BearerAuthentication
[2] http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201407/0147.html