[squid-users] Transparent vs Tproxy: performance ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Sep 2 12:12:16 UTC 2018

On 2/09/18 10:13 PM, David Touzeau wrote:
> Thanks Amos,
>
> Yes my question was " if NAT is faster or slower than packet flow" and yes you are right.
>
> "Squid is not impacted to this question, this make sense."
>

> I had a "feeling" (human sensation) - with 3.000 users that NAT was faster than Tproxy...
>
> But you confirm that this is not relevant...

It may be for you. That user count vs your bandwidth is more relevant
than the features performance.

For any given bandwidth total;
 NAT should cope better with higher user count,
 TPROXY should cope better with higher per-user consumption.

So "best" is a matter of how those stack up on your specific network.