[squid-users] Squid proxy not working when upgrade from 27 to 3.5

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Oct 29 20:50:44 UTC 2018

On 29/10/18 3:26 PM, Angus J. wrote:
> Hi AMos
>
> Thanks for your information
>
> How to enable cache_peer configuration for any TLS/SSL for port 8005

Config line order is important to Squid.

Please *look* at the default squid.conf file provided here:
 <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#Squid-3.5_default_config>

Compare it to the layout of your config file.

Notice the line the which says "INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE" is _above_
the line which says "http_access deny all". Your config has all its
custom peer rules _below_ the deny line - that difference will be
breaking access to the peers.

You have also added a "#" in front of the cache_peer lines with TLS/SSL
setting for the peers. Use the cache_peer lines you started with.
 ===> Here I mean *exactly* the lines starting with "#cache_peer" and
"cache_peer",   not "cache_peer_domain" or "cache_peer_access".

> and the "allow all" 192.168.0.0 and 172.18.0.0  access permission of custom
> access controls?

Those IPs are part of localnet and already allowed by your config.

HTH