[squid-users] Squid proxy not working when upgrade from 27 to 3.5

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Oct 26 07:08:56 UTC 2018

Hey Angus,

There are couple times of configuration "definition".
Some of them cannot overlap since they contain a full instruction.
When a http_port line is parsed by squid it's a fix setup of
configuration argument.
There are other services and/or servers that updates the configuration
argument with every line.
For specific instructions like "listen on *:3128" in squid there is only
one line that can be accepted.
If the service operator instruct's squid to do something which cannot be
done squid will not do that.
Maybe in the future someone will enhance squid to allow "progressive"
http_port configuration but I believe it's wrong.

All The Bests,
Eliezer