[squid-users] squid transparent proxy forward loop

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Oct 22 12:54:23 UTC 2018

On 22.10.18 14:26, Juan Carvajal B. wrote:
>I would like to achieve the following:
>
>1. A user comes with the own device, for example phone or table.
>2. The user connects to our own WLAN network
>4. The user enters the addres of our website
>3. The user can only access our website, which is hosted in a sever *not
>connected* to the internet.

well, if user enters address of your website, of course the user can only
access your website.
you apparently mean "user enters address of aany site".

>Tablets / phones <---> WLAN router <---> server
>
>please note that there is *no* connection to internet. The server is
>connected to the "internet" port of the router.

in this case it's also obious that user can not access any other site...

>I've been trying to achieve this with squid but I get a **warning of a
>forwarding loop**. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

forwarding loop happens, when squid connects to itself instead of internet.

>I'm following this:
>https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxRedirect

maybe you have redirected connections from squid proxy back to the squid
proxy?

>https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy

why do you follow reverse proxy configuration when you don't configure
reverse proxy?