[squid-users] 4.3 RPM's are out and an additional SCTP proxies I compiled

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Oct 20 22:40:57 UTC 2018

I am happy to announce the release of Squid-Cache 4.3 RPM's and
Debian+Ubuntu binaris.
I took a little project which some might like and other might not..
- TCP to SCP
- SCTP to TCP
Proxy servers.

The sources are at:
- https://github.com/elico/sctp-proxies
- http://gogs.ngtech.co.il/NgTech-LTD/sctp-proxies
or
- https://gogs.ngtech.co.il/NgTech-LTD/sctp-proxies
(With a self signed certificate SHA-256
F0:CF:CD:71:0D:A5:E0:9E:7A:6B:D8:1D:09:5E:56:AB:AD:B1:39:5F:0B:9B:63:E5:A8:B7:88:E0:DC:5B:61:9A)

The installation scripts of Squid 4.3 on Debian and Ubuntu are at:
- http://gogs.ngtech.co.il/NgTech-LTD/Squid-installer
- https://gogs.ngtech.co.il/NgTech-LTD/Squid-installer

List of released 4.3 binaries:
## START OF LIST
RPMS
     [V] amazn1
     [V] amazn2
     [V] CentOS 7
     [V] Oracle 7
     [V] SLES 12 SP1

BIN
     [V] Debian 8 32bit
     [V] Debian 8 64bit

     [V] Debian 9 32bit
     [V] Debian 9 64bit

     [V] Ubuntu 14.04 32bit
     [V] Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

     [V] Ubuntu 16.04 32bit
     [V] Ubuntu 16.04 64bit

     [V] Ubuntu 18.04 64bit
## END OF LIST

I created the Debian/Ubuntu installer since It's too much pain to
package squid inside a deb (for me..)
I removed the ECAP support from my 4.3 build but forgot to remove the
package from the RPM's dependencies so a libecap pacakge will be
installed with the RPM's but will not be used.
I will remove the dependency in the next release.

The 4.3 release is considered stable and is use in production for enough
time for me to believe it's in a very good shape.

Thanks,
Eliezer

--
----