[squid-users] R: Is this the next step of SSL encryption? Fwd: Encrypted SNI

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Oct 20 22:25:38 UTC 2018

I believe that eventually some of these features would be targeted by
the overall security community.
Security from one hand has encryption as a tool but it was already
proven that obscurity is not really security.
In fact until now from what I know many of the more sane clients in the
private and the public sector prefer to be able to cope with specific
issues directly and not hide them.
Like in the hardware world complex functions were embedded into
different types of CPU's or PU's and the large sector wants and needs
it,
the Internet clients and users already understands that they want to be
able to have some control either by a proxy service provider or by other
means.
Just the other day I entered a "secured" site which is under the trust
of a well know RootCA and what I got was a bunch of pop ups with exactly
the things I want and need ie:
- Women underwear (with a demo how the body looks with and without the
underwear) Whaaaat? yes I do not have an issue with that but Whaaat? I'm
a man I need a working man shirts for work..
- The best Porn addiction solution. I am most of the day work with CLI
or a text editor or System administration utilities.
- How to operate a specific software which I have never heard about.

It's nice to have some laugh while working but my co-worker (a women)
didn't liked the idea and I agree with her.

And nothing less then that, CloudFlare was hosting or proxying to these
sites acting as a frontend.

Thanks All,
Eliezer