[squid-users] Squid Cache Server

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Oct 20 15:12:06 UTC 2018

On Saturday 20 October 2018 at 16:53:12, Mujtaba Hassan Madani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now it works through URL
>
> http://196.202.134.253:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info instead of
> http://proxy.com:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info

Yes, that is because proxy,com does not belong to you - it points to someone
else's machine, not *your* Squid server.

And, I repeat (especially now that this IP address has been discussed on a
public mailing list) you URGENTLY need to review your firewall rules on that
machine, because Squid is accepting requests from anyone.

It is even *proxying web pages* requested by *anyone*.

If you do not understand what I am telling you, or if you do not know how to
change your firewall rules on that machine, *stop running Squid on it NOW* and
do not turn it on again until you know how to secure it.

PS: Please do NOT set "Reply-to" on list emails.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.