[squid-users] Squid Cache Server

Mujtaba Hassan Madani mujtaba21n at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 20 14:53:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

now it works through URL

http://196.202.134.253:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info instead of http://proxy.com:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info

________________________________
From: squid-users <squid-users-bounces at lists.squid-cache.org> on behalf of Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 2:08:32 PM
To: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Squid Cache Server

On Saturday 20 October 2018 at 15:59:36, Mujtaba Hassan Madani wrote:

> Hi Antony,
>
>   this is the first IP Connection to 34.194.132.99 failed.

That is the address which "proxy,com" resolves to on my machine too.

> the IP of my server is 196.202.134.253

So, does this give you any clues as to why trying to connect to "proxy.com"
fails to connect to your Squid server?

> i got the instruction of changing of from below default setting form URL

I do not see anywhere in those instructions where it tells you to change this.

> http_access allow localhost manager
> http_access deny manager <instead of deny to allow > so i can login through
> browser to the cache manager
>
> https://wiki.squid-cache.org/action/show/Features/CacheManager?action=show&
> redirect=SquidFaq%2FCacheManager

What does http://196.202.134.253:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info tell you?

Rather worryingly, it works for me from here - you URGENTLY need to review
your firewall rules on a Squid server on a public IP address which accepts
connections from anyone.

PS: Please do NOT set "Reply-to" on list emails.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Neurotics build castles in the sky;