[squid-users] https_port Listen on different IP

houheming houhm at greenet.net.cn
Sat Oct 20 13:47:54 UTC 2018

Hi Alex & Amos,

Thanks for your replies, sorry for my poor English, I will add more information.

1. Configure Squid to automatically generate origin server certificates

(signed by a configured CA X) and send them to browsers/clients that go

to those origin servers.

This is my situation.

If I configure squid like the following:

https_port 443 ...

https_port 180.97.33.107:443 ...

https_port 180.97.33.108:443 ...

when I reconfigure squid, no errors come out, but when I check the tcp port listening using "netstat -tln", the line2 and line3 with specific IP do not work:

If I configure squid like:

https_port 180.97.33.107:443 ...

https_port 180.97.33.108:443

https_port 443

when I use “squid –k reconfigure” to reconfigure squid, no error message. But when I check the tcp ports listening:

I also tried to specific a different port for IP 0.0.0.0, like this:

https_port 180.97.33.107:443 ...

https_port 180.97.33.108:443

https_port 4433   #here specify a different port from above

and it works.

https_port 0.0.0.0:443

https_port 1.1.1.1:443

I was just curious that the above two types of rules cannot exist together, whichever you put the first in squid.conf, it will overwrite the second one.

Using a different port for wildcard, it is a good solution in this case, it is just that ,if I could use the same tcp port for IP-0.0.0.0, it will be easier for my situation.

In my case, the destination server IP and root CA are dynamically send to me by anther configure server, so I choose to use default https port 443 to receive all https traffic.

If I have to use different ports for IP-0.0.0.0, I think I have to write one iptables rule for one https server IP, in normal case this is ok, in my case I have to do it dynamically, in another way of saying, whenever I receive a configure rule, I have to write an iptables rule for it. Anyway, that is my problem, thank you guys!

Heming Hou