[squid-users] Squid Cache Server

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Oct 20 13:26:59 UTC 2018

On Saturday 20 October 2018 at 14:56:33, Mujtaba Hassan Madani wrote:

> Hi Amos,
>
>    I get attached message when trying to access cache manger through web
> interface below is my full URL
>
> http://proxy.com:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info

1. What IP address does "proxy.com" resolve to on your network?

2. What is the IP address of your Squid server?

> according to squid.org feedback
>
>  https://wiki.squid-cache.org/action/show/Features/CacheManager?action=show
> &redirect=SquidFaq%2FCacheManager
>
> i should change the following command in the squid.config file i already
> did but with no avail
>
> http_access allow localhost manager
> http_access deny manager

The above is the default, and is correct.  Where in the above instructions do
you believe it tells you to change this?

> i replaced deny manager by allow manager. please advice.

I advise changing it back again.

Please let us know about the two IP addresses I asked about above.

Regards,

Antony.

--
BASIC is to computer languages what Roman numerals are to arithmetic.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.