[squid-users] ERROR: NAT/TPROXY lookup failed to locate original IPs on local

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Oct 19 16:51:47 UTC 2018

On Friday 19 October 2018 at 18:42:00, Uchenna Nebedum wrote:

> Good Day All,
> i'm new to squid and i have configured squid as an http transparent proxy
> with a mikrotik.
> the squid server has only a single NIC, so i followed a tutorial and set up
> a dst-nat to squid proxy for traffic on port 80,

Please contact whomever wrote that tutorial and ask them to remove it, because
this will not work.

> please any help or correction would be highly appreciated, i am not even
> sure if the approach is correct.

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxDnat explains that
what you are trying to do cannot work, because the NAT *must* be done *on* the
Squid server.

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute
outlines the correct way to get packets redirected to Squid running as an
intercepting proxy.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.