[squid-users] acl "clientside_mark" problem

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Oct 16 10:13:09 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 16 October 2018 at 11:38:53, morteza omidian wrote:

> Hi
> why anybody don't answer me?

Maybe we don't have experience with precisely what you're trying to do.

Maybe we're busy with our day jobs.

Maybe we're confused by the multiple messages you send about approximately the
same topic but with different information in them.

Maybe because we're waiting for your answer to responses sent back to you (eg:
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2018-October/019432.html )

> Please help!

Please remember this is free, open source software and you are writing to a
mailing list and asking for help from volunteers who choose to spend some of
their own time answering questions they feel able to help with.

This is not a commercial support service.

> I compiled Squid 4.3 with this options in linux
> server:                    ./configure   --enable-linux-netfilter
> --enable-zph-qos when i change my squid configuration file and add this
> line "acl MY_CLIENTs clientside_mark 0x1" I got  error messages like this:
> root at linux:~# /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k restart
> 2018/10/16 09:33:42| FATAL: Invalid ACL type 'clientside_mark'2018/10/16
> 09:33:42| FATAL: Bungled /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf line 5: acl
> CLIENT clientside_mark 12018/10/16 09:33:42| Squid Cache (Version 4.3):
> Terminated abnormally.CPU Usage: 0.025 seconds = 0.017 user + 0.008
> sysMaximum Resident Size: 38592 KBPage faults with physical i/o: 0 What is
> wrong with my configuration??What should  i do?
> Tanx

Also, formatting your messages more clearly might help people to understand
the question better.

Oh, yes, and Please Do Not set Reply-to on list messages.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but
rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.